Goliath - Scott Westerfeld, Keith Thompson
As I mentioned in my abbreviated review of Behemoth, I've been MIA for quite some time because of real life issues. However, in coming back, I'm left without any status updates to mark reading points in the story. When I reread the books again (since I'm going out and buying this ASAP because the trilogy is AMAZING~!!!!!) I plan to put in all of the notations that I normally do to give you all a better concept of what it is that the reading process entailed. Anyway, on to the fangirling!

It's been a couple of months since I've finished reading this trilogy, and because of that, I don't feel I'm capable of going on about the details of what happened in the books. A lot of things have passed since then, but there are bright, shining moments in my memory and the ending of the trilogy-- especially the author's final words after the story is all said and done-- have lasted with me all this time.

One of the pinnacles that has made me love this trilogy is the fact that we go into Goliath with one major dynamic still in place: Alek still does not know that Deryn is a girl. THREE BOOKS IN. And he still doesn't know! GOD, Scott Westerfeld, I could KISS you! This is WONDERFUL! Do you know how FANTASTIC it is to see a potential love interest that isn't being SHOVED DOWN YOUR THROAT?! Not to mention, it's not even the FOCUS of the book! It's just a side issue! GOD, I LOVE THIS TRILOGY! This is the way that all books should be written! Not as CRAP, but as stories that focus on the countless other issues driving the story and the plot, helping the characters to grow, without any help from "love" or other such nonsense. Romance is like salt-- to be used in moderation and sparingly. If sprinkled throughout faintly and well, it creates the most mature and balanced of flavors in a book.

And man does Scott Westerfeld know how to cook his books!

All that goes on in these stories comes to a complex and strange climax. There's no easy answer to the things that happen, to what the characters have to live with when they make the choices that they're not always forced to turn to. In fact, I think that's the most amazing part of this conclusion to the Leviathan Trilogy. Alek and Deryn both make some immense decisions, and Alek surprises me the most out of anyone. Throughout all the strife and insanity going on, he made one specific choice that left me stunned. It's not even the choice he has to make at the very end of the book either (for those of you who have read it), but one still leading up to the conclusion. It's the decision he made in the control room, and that's all that I'm going to say for those of you who are curious to look out for it.

As you can see, there's a lot that still remains with me from this book. I'm so glad that we get to see some old faces appear that I grew to love in the second book as well! Getting to meet them again, when I wasn't sure if they would ever appear, was one of the many pleasant highlights of this ending to the trilogy.

Overall, just like its two predecessors, this conclusion is one that will not leave you feeling empty and longing for more. Well, it might make you crave more, because with writing this awesome, who ever wants such a good story to end?! However, when everything was said and done, I honestly felt like I still needed more.

...and then I got up to the last words of our author.

ALL MY HEART'S DESIRES WERE FULFILLED. ALLLLLL THE HAPPINESS!!!!!

Seriously, those last words of the author as this story concluded? THEY. WERE. THE. BEST!

Seriously guys, you NEED to read this trilogy! It is one of the BEST written today! Get it a library, get it on sale, but GET IT. You will NOT be disappointed by this! In fact, I'm even going beyond the usual "check it out first to see if you like it" recommendation and skipping right to: "BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!" mode! Because if there's ANYTHING you should be investing your time into today, it's THIS trilogy RIGHT HERE!

BUY IT! I can't IMAGINE you would regret it! So take this with you! Buy this trilogy! Buy it now!!! Seriously, you'll love it. I can almost 100% guarantee it.

Unless you like stories with no plot, character depth, development, or purpose that are written just for the fanservice and the senseless smut. Then don't buy this, because your penchant for things that have no intelligence to them whatsoever will probably put you off to something with actual quality instilled in its pages.

Otherwise, if you have a brain, I'm sure you'll enjoy this trilogy! So go out and get your hands on it! Stop wait, go now! 'Til we see each other again, keep reading guys!