The Apocalypse Watch - Robert Ludlum
What's there ever to say about a Ludlum novel except that IT WAS AWESOME?!

No seriously! What can you possibly say about a book that has this much action packed into it? Robert Ludlum's books threw me into a completely different world ever since I saw the Bourne trilogy of movies on TV and decided that I wanted to read the book counterparts. I found the movies to be barely 1% of what the books had to offer me, and thus an entirely different world of reading was opened up and came my way. It got both my mother and myself onto a binge of reading delicious espionage and countless thrillers, the numbers of which I'm expanding every year and will be reading for the rest of my life.

It's funny how much my mother always says, "These books teach you so much." I feel exactly the same way every time I pick up a thriller novel. Some teach you more than others, and The Apocalypse Watch by Robert Ludlum did exactly that. It has so many twists and turns, and even when you know what's happening on all sides, you never know how it's going to work out when all those sides come together. You're sitting there biting your nails (it's a bad habit), freaking out, on the edge of your seat, and forget the world and what it wants of you, you can't stop reading!

It's hard to say anything concrete because there's so much to say; there's so much the book gives you. And a large part of it is action over words, of countless events unfolding throughout hundreds of pages of delicious deception and a deeply rooted network of chaos, and that becomes hard to pinpoint into specifics, especially with plots upon plots upon plots as complex as Ludlum weaves them.

But this time we're talking Germans, Nazis reborn or never quite dead, and man, if you wanted a good ride, this is it. This book, right here, is it. It's got the split-second life-or-death situations at every cross-hair. It's got the humorous characters that relieve the tension even in the most dire of moments. You've got the badass ladies that you know can stand toe-to-toe with the best of the best and won't go down without taking you with them. It's classic, brilliant, deep, humorous, seven-hundred-plus pages of Ludlum goodness, and if ever you wanted a taste of the suspense and thriller genre of books, this is one of the best places to start getting introduced to it, because this is priceless and unmatched.

The characters are great, like they always are; the story is deep and dark enough to rival the ocean depths; the plot will have you more tangled up than a book worm in the library of Alexandria.

It's a great read.

If you haven't come around to this one yet, pick it up now. You won't regret it; you're gonna love it.