This was the first volume of the Karneval manga where most of the things we got to experience weren't covered in the anime, which I'd seen first, and I've got to say: I've really been enjoying the manga far more thoroughly than I did the anime. It's been a wonderful read so far, and I'm endlessly happy that I decided to invest my time into the manga after I started to really fall in love with the characters through the anime and become invested in who they are.
But anyway~ Let's get back to the quick run-through of things that this new volume brought us!
1. Yogi is so immensely affected by things. It's almost shocking how different he is because of what's going on. It's like he's a completely different person and the light's gone out inside of him.
2. Hirato is SUCH A FREAKING TROLL! DX
3. Sleeping Akari is a sexy Akari~ *Smirks*
4. UGH. YOGI. STOP. YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART SHOUTING AFTER HIM LIKE THAT.
5. Gareki has finally admitted to himself how he feels about things, and that means so much.
6. The return of a character I love!
7. Jiki is actually growing more and more into a character I love. And Nai's finally become comfortable around him, which in turn is warming over Jiki, too. It's very special and precious to watch, which really surprised me. <3
8. THREE NEW CHARACTERS! Ranji is BAMF! I love her. <3 Seseri is adorable and I totally love her too! Shishi makes me giggle and I love how Ranji is always cracking on him. XD
9. In which Jiki is actually a sweetheart in his own way.
10. In which KAROKU STILL PISSES ME THE FRIG OFF and we learn a little more about him. But only enough to make us ask even more questions.
11. HIRATO + TSUKUMO = WHAT JUST HAPPENED I DON'T GET IT SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN CURSE YOU HIRATO, YOU TROLL!
12. Hirato flirting with Akari 5ever.
13. Uro reveals some things about Nai and Gareki that worry me deeply.
14. Cell phones. <3
And that's all that I wanted to comment about in this one~! <3 ^__^ We'll continue in the next volume~! 8D
However, I wanted to put in a quick SPOILER FILLED section where I need to vent a bit about this volume. So anyone who wants to avoid spoilers, just skip down to the next bolded section!
**SPOILERS BEGIN HERE**
There are such huge, huge, huge changes in Yogi throughout this entire volume. With Gareki leaving, without Gareki there, you can tell that he's most of what Yogi thinks about, and the way it affects him... well... I've never seen Yogi so silent and sad. He's truly... a different person entirely without Gareki there. This entire manga shows us this one time after another. Starting with this first time when he cannot stand to sleep alone in his own room and asks to stay with Tsukumo and Nai the entire night, sleeping on the couch there. Later in the mission he's sent out on, he's morose and somber, and you can tell that even Tsukumo is worried about how down he is when we see him talking on the phone with her simply because she called to check up on him. *Shakes head* And it just endures throughout every single scene. Nai comes up to him after things with Karoku and though Yogi is there for Nai, supports him and genuinely shows concern and affection for him, Nai can still read right down through it all and sense the deep pain that Yogi is in. The fact that he actually asks Yogi if he's hurt and goes to touch Yogi to check if he's injured because he can feel the PAIN with his keen senses thanks to his Niji origins is intense. And it doesn't help that we get all these scenes later where Gareki is thinking about his motivation and desire to become a member of Circus and stand on equal footing with the Second Ship, and we get all those moments where the person that Gareki focuses on the most in his thoughts is Yogi. *Shakes head again* ...ugh. This manga is going to be the death of me with all these feels. But... it's so heart-wrenching, and so wonderful all at once. And all I can hope is that they'll be together again soon... because Yogi is in so much pain without Gareki there. It's literally changed everything about him, and even when he's happy... it's not the same without Gareki. It's not the same at all. ...it's like the very life has been taken out of him... now that Gareki is gone. ...yeah, I think I'll end it here. Thanks for listening guys.
**SPOILERS END HERE**
And with that, my review is at a close for the time being. I'm going on to the entirely new territory of Volume 8! Hope you'll all join me there! Because it's going to definitely be worth it. See you there! 8D